Mark joined Innovate UK in February 2015 as lead technologist for energy systems. He spent 13 years in engineering and manufacturing at Rolls-Royce Motor cars, the last 18 in innovation and technology development and the last 6 specifically in energy. His specific areas of activity and expertise are:
- Bringing together the necessary ingredients and parties to deliver energy user value propositions and disruptive business models.
- Supporting the development of innovations that enable greater energy system flexibility, including smart grids, storage, demand side response
- The role of electric and plug-in vehicles in the energy system
- Delivery of low carbon heat, and energy efficiency in buildings
- Energy user behaviour and increasing their engagement in the energy system
He also co-chairs a cross-government working group focusing on identifying high value international collaboration opportunities in energy innovation.
23-May-2017Energy storage: is it the silver bullet?