Managed Direct Debit
Who is it for?
Our Managed Direct Debit service is suitable for organisations who are unable to obtain a Service User Number (SUN) from Bacs. Managed Direct Debit is suitable for organisations of all sizes, whether you collect 20 Direct Debits or 20,000.
Because you don’t have to understand the process or invest in software, it’s a great option for businesses or charities that are starting out with Direct Debit, as well as smaller organisations that want to offer Direct Debit.
How does it work?
With our Managed service, SmartDebit manages the whole process on your behalf. You send us your data securely, we complete the submission to the agreed timescale. Any Bacs reports are immediately available for you to view online.
All communications with your customers – such as letters or emails to confirm set-up, amendment or cancellation – are branded with your name and details, and it’s your name that appears on customers’ bank statements.
If there are any issues, we work with you to resolve them immediately – and to improve the process so they won’t recur next time.
- Fully managed Bacs submissions using a Service User Number (SUN) set-up in your own name
- All Direct Debit sign-up methods - including paper and paperless
- Full submission history – helping you track exactly what has been collected, from whom and when
- A bank client account set-up in your own name
- Access to an online portal where you can submit or amend customer data and view Bacs reports
- Exceptional security – including token-based data transfer so you don’t need to send customer bank details each time
- All client accounts are individually ‘ring-fenced’ meaning funds are safeguarded at all times
- Only your name appears on your customers’ bank statements
- Branded and fully compliant sign-up form – making it easy to register new Direct Debit customers online
- Validation of bank accounts at sign-up – reducing the risk of errors
- SmartDebit API – allowing you to develop additional processes or elements to integrate with your finance systems and automate the Direct Debit process
- Comprehensive customer support – through our online helpdesk and the Customer Service team