MetroDuct is designed to meet the required compression strength to current Highways specification and are supplied in various colours and markings to suit NJUG recommendations.
Manufactured in polyethylene, the pipe is normally supplied in either 6 metre lengths or 50 metre coils. The external corrugated profile gives the product added strength and the internal bore is smooth to prevent cables from snagging. If required, a sealed joint may be achieved by using two profile seals and a push fit coupling.
- Black/Red – Electricity/Power
- Orange – Street Lighting/Traffic Signal
- Purple – Motorway Communication/ Street Lighting (Scotland)
- Yellow – Gas
- Blue – Water
- Green – CCTV
- Grey – Telecommunications
BBA – All Naylor Twinwall ducting is fully compliant to the new BBA certification for sealed systems (if required) which incorporates sizes 63mm – 178mm OD in 6 metre lengths.
The lightweight, flexible duct copes with trench undulations and the high impact resistance minimises special preparation of beds and eliminates the need for special surrounds in most instances.
Benefits of MetroDuct
- The ducting has simple push fit joints for ease of installation and HDPE flexibility minimises the need for bends
- Duct is colour coded to customer requirements and can be printed to individual customer specifications
- High compression strength
- Protects cables and reduces risk of damage
- Water resistant if sealed and can be laid at extreme temperatures
- High chemical resistance