Rapid Window Cutter
The Rapid Window Cutter was designed in collaboration with Wales & West Utilities, who identified the need for a faster window cutting solution to extend their use of Live Mains Insertion, on
their ductile network.
Easy to operate, the cutter simply connects to the onsite compressor. A single operative can then engage the trigger, lower the blade and glide the unit along the main. The operator can pivot the chassis easily to change from circumferential to longitudinal cuts.
Ductile iron is notoriously problematic because it cannot be broken out like cast iron. The Rapid Window Cutter solves this problem.
It is a handheld tool designed for precise, fast cutting of windows in abandoned or inserted ductile mains, without damaging the previously inserted PE.
The design introduces a revolutionary alternative to established methods, typically cutting a window on 100mm (4”) ductile iron in under 12 minutes which is 50% faster than traditional methods.
The Rapid Window Cutter is suitable for all sizes of steel and ductile mains up to 13mm (0.5”) in depth.
- Extremely quick cutting time – a typical size window is cut in less than 15 minutes.
- User Safety – the cutting disc is mounted away from the operator’s hand with an automatic
emergency cut-off on trigger handle.
- Cost effective solutions – available to hire, purchase or carried out as a contract service.
- Easy to use – the compact and lightweight design
makes it easy to operate as a one-man operation.
- Precise – depth control discs prevent damage to
inserted PE making it ideal for use in live mains
insertion and dead insertion projects.
- Clean process – no water is required resulting in
a cleaner trench.
- Air powered – uses on-site compressor, removing
the requirement for an extra power source.
- Water line incorporated to prevent, sparking
and suppress dust (full PPE including face
masks must be worn).